Just a little heads up about this event. I think this is the Third year they are doing it.. Maybe 4th? I can’t remember, but I have participated the last two years. If anyone is looking for a bit of secret Santa action, check it out and get involved!
My wish list can be found here, just in case any of my followers are wondering ;)
If this uploads right, then this is how I reroot. Some people don’t seem to understand how I can use both the reroot tool and the knot method at the same time, so this is mainly for them. The hair is pretty secure and doesn’t need glue if you are gentle with it. It probably wouldn’t stand up to a kid playing with it though.
From here out, the updates will be long apart. This is the tedious time consuming part of rerooting.
1. Tie hair over your finger, you don’t want to make a comlete knot. Think of it like the first step you take when tying your shoe: over then under ;)
2. Pull the ends even, and taut.
3. Slide the reroot tool under the hair. The groove along the edge of your fingernail works well for this, but I often do it against my skin since I have a bit of a callus built up.
4. Place your fingertip over the tip of the needle so the hair doesnt, fall off.
5. Pull the hair down till the loop tightens around the needle, then hold the hair against the handle.
6. Keeping the hair held against the handle so that the knot doesnt slip off, position the needle against the hole so that the shorter tine of the needle, is pointed away from the neighboring holes. this minimizes the tearing that can happen with the vinyl when you reroot.
7. Push in gently.
8. Let go of the hair where you were holding it against the handle, and remove the tool. Gently pull on the plug of hair, till you feel the knot pull against the vinyl. If the plug comes out due to thinness, just tuck it in again. you don’t have to make a second knot in it. Just be gentle with it and dont pull it tight. You can always do a layer of glue inside if you need to later.
The trick is to make the plugs thick enough for the knot to hold, but not so thick that the hair comes out too thick in the end. Only practice and experience can help with this.
Reblogged this from my personal blog. This is how I reroot both ponies and monster high dolls. Hope it is useful for someone!
I am ACTIVELY searching for art for a new tattoo. I am actively hitting people up to draw it for me.. But if you’re reading this and you think “Man, I could totally draw what she wants!” then by all means, please feel free to drop me a note with some samples of your work, and a price. As of now, I have not found an artist.
Here is what I want:
I want a dragon curled up, sleeping on my shoulder, with it’s head nestled against my neck, like it is snuggling me. I prefer English dragons with some muscle to them. Though, if it’s curled up the muscle might not really show.. I dislike fins on dragons. I am perfectly happy with spikes and horns. I
Just wanted to take a moment and share how things are going. Today I had my first test at work. This was my Call taker test, and I did really great on it. I only missed 3/100 questions! So happy! I had my first review last week, so I have hit my three month mark.
I’m not sure when my next test is, but I imagine it will be in October. Wish me luck as I continue on this career path! So far, I am really enjoying this job. It is very challenging, and very stressful, but I am so proud to be a first responder!
Friendly tip from me to you: Disconnected cell phones can still call 911. They can ONLY call 911. Please don’t yell at the 911 operator to unlock your phone when you try repeatedly to call your friend. And don’t let children play with them. We get WAY too many false calls this way.
Also, look into making a profile at smart911.com If you have a profile there, and you call 911, then your profile will show up on the dispatchers screen when you call IF the city is utilizing smart 911. Right now not too many cities are using this service, but it is growing and it could save lives. Just take a look at it :)